The machine spun cotton-hemp yarn is often used for crocheting. It is good choice for crafting natural handmade things that need some stiffness and strength at reasonable price. We always use that for crocheting our handmade bags, keyring or even hats. The cotton-hemp yarn is stronger than cotton yarn but it is not too stiff to crochet.
We offer 16 botanical colors of cotton-hemp yarn dyes from many kinds of tree around our village, Bann Tan, Chiangmai; indigo - blue, indigo - dark blue, indigo - light blue, lac - purple, lac - pink, padauk - brown, padauk - light brown, tin nok - green, tin nok - yellow, tin nok + indigo - bright green, raw - natural, ebony - dark grey, ebony - grey, ebony - dark brown, red clay - orange and marigold - yellow
1. Blue [ Indigo ]
2. Dark blue [ Indigo ]
3. Light blue [ Indigo ]
4. Purple [ Lac ]
5. Pink [ Lac ]
6. Brown [ Padauk ]
7. Light brown [ Padauk ]
8. Green [ Tin nok ]
9. Yellow [ Tin nok ]
10. Bright green [ Tin nok + Indigo ]
11. Raw [ Natural ]
12. Dark grey [ Ebony ]
13. Grey [ Ebony ]
14. Dark brown [ Ebony ]
15. Orange [ Red clay ]
All the dyeing process were handled with care of our nature surrounding. By collecting the coloring part from the trees with careful to keep they alive and grow up normally. The most important process that we have never skip to protect our earth is the waste water treatment before drain out to environment.
Please note that:
1. The botanical dyed is craftsmanship depending on season so color we obtained is vary batch by batch. The color of each batch may not exactly the same. Please buy sufficient yarn for your artwork in the one time.
2. We put a lot of effort taking the photograph to present true color of the yarn, But the color you see is also depend on your device monitor.
3. Hope you understand the nature of botanical dyed.
- Changes with Time and Light: The colors in this yarn shift over time due to exposure to light and reactions with substances like acids and bases.
- Made by Hand: Skilled artisans create this yarn, which means you might see slight color variations and occasional spots where the yarn is joined in a single cone or ball.
- Deep, Rich Colors: Darker colors in our yarn come from multiple dyeing processes, giving you a textured, coarse yarn with a lot of character. You might also notice some color powder shedding from the yarn as you crochet. Don't worry; this is a normal part of the process.
- Easy to Clean: While deep shades like dark blue and dark brown may leave a tiny mark on your fingers while crocheting, you can easily wash it off with plenty of water. Some color may come off during the first wash, but don't worry; just rinse it thoroughly. If you're working with different colors, avoid soaking; simply wash and rinse.
- Unique Colors: Our natural dye process makes each skein's color unique and not always reproducible. We do our best to recreate your favorite colors.
- Dyeing Process
- Natural Dyed
- Weaving Process
- Hand Woven
Comments All reviews
Select a row below to filter reviews.
No customer reviews for the moment.